Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ibuku datang

My mum's coming to see me on this 26th, great!!! AirAsia offered that super-cheap $62 promo, so I ended up buying a ticket for my mum to come here (Mak jele, Juju ngan Ali bayar sendiri...sorry I'm not that rich), Thank you Tony Fernandez, you rock! Now everyone can fly!!

Right, on a more serious note now..

Apparently my mum dah siap packing dah sekarang rempah-ratus, dvd dsb. Wow, semangatnya! Padahal kalau aku balik, the day before baru la aku nak cari suitcase / passport / wallet. To say she's fired up for her 1 week trip Down Under is an understatement. She's been asking me on how to spend her time there, and I keep saying "Yes, mum, I'll get that organised" (calm and unemotional tone) which normally means "I have got absolutely no idea, and I hope that on the day you arrive I'll magically be enlightened with a tour guide's knowledge."

Anak jenis apakah aku ini? Kena sumpah jadi batu nanti baru tau

So, I drafted up a list of places to go...

1. Glasshouse Mountains - She likes walking / views / plants. She also likes asking what's this and that. If I don't know, she'll even ask the inevitable bonus question, "Habih tu, apa kamu buat kat Brisbane selama ni Bang?" Errgghhh....

2. Museums - Likes culture. Problem is, I am devastatingly clueless about culture and if she spots this ignorance, someone's gonna get grilled (And it's not Nando's chicken!)

3. Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast?? Don't know if she's really into seas, but I might get away with this one. Ajak picnic ke, ambik banyak2 gambar ke

4. Toowomba - City of Gardens, enough said. I hope the drought doesn't spoil it.

5. Mt Cootha - Views and drinks, show Brissie at night...Boleh kot

6. Markets?? (Eumundi / Carrara / Rocklea ???) Does she like it? I don't know...Do mothers like markets??

7. DFO?? Definitely not, Malaysia 100x cheaper

8. Australia Zoo? Hey hey hey, now we're talking!!!

That's all for now. Is that it? 8 Ideas?? That sucks. I've been in Brissie for 8 years, this should've been schoolboy stuff ay?? But then she's only here for a week, so that might be enough. Anyone have any ideas?. I just wanna make sure mum enjoys her trip here, because she rocks!!! Happy mother's day, love you mum.

No comments: